Beginning school is a very exciting time in the life of a child. It can also be a very confusing one for a parent...especially if it's your first child to enter school. We have created these instructions to help you navigate this new world and make the process as user-friendly as possible.
Rensselaer Central Schools are excited to welcome incoming students for the 2022-2023 school year!!
Registration begins online August 1st. For parents who would like to visit the office of each school, the offices will be open on 8/2, 8/3, and 8/4 from 10 AM - 4 PM. On 8/3 offices will be open 12 PM - 6 PM. All forms will be completed online.
Parents are able to complete online registration beginning on August 1, 2022. The registration process should take approximately 20-30 minutes per student.
There are two steps to registering your child for school at RCSC:
- Complete the online registration process. Registration forms are completed using our management system, PowerSchool. Directions and links are located below to access this site.
- Place a partial payment or complete a free/reduced lunch application. Fees will be finalized in the coming days after school begins. $20 per student or a completed Free/Reduced Lunch application are required to begin.
- Your child's birth certificate
- Your child's immunization records
- Your child's Social Security card
- Proof of Residency (example: lease, utility bill)
- Any legal documents related to child custody, restriction or restraining orders
- Contact information for any schools previously attended
Please Note- Student Devices will be distributed during the first days of school at each building.